Sunday, July 22, 2012

Yoga Love: Works on the mat, Works in life


It was love at first Vinyasa.


Fine, it was love at first heated flow but love at first vinsaya sounds so much better. Haha!


8 sessions into this newfound adventure and I am officially hooked. Yoga has been its usual challenging, push-to-the limit self but I keep coming back for more. There is something about that hour I put into practice that lifts up my spirit. Simply put, it makes me happy.


Beyond the physical activity and the inner peace I wrote about here, what makes me look forward to every practice is experiencing the yogi/yogini's admirable disposition. They just seem so calm and steady and happy. Looking always pretty and fresh are just bonuses. Their disposition in life radiates through their teaching. That inspired this series. I am no expert in yoga, so this journal wouldn't be about poses and techniques. Rather, this will be about my session takeaways that apply beyond the four corners of a yoga mat. My yogis had been generous in showering us with inspiration. As a matter of fact, that line in the title, 'works on the mat, works in life' came from one of my favorite yoginis. And I feel like those tidbits are worth sharing, too.


So, whether you enjoy yoga or not, I hope you learn a thing or two from this beautiful experience.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Before every take off, make sure you keep a steady ground. Remember, KEEP GROUNDED."


No need to elaborate.
It's true in yoga; it rings true in real life, as well.


Namaste. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]