Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Mojicas Plus One

One of my favorite authors wrote that love is really just about reaching out your hand in the dark, not knowing if someone else is out there. But when your hands meet, you know you'll never be alone again.

The past 3 weeks made our marriage grow by leaps and bounds. This being the reason for it:

Our first family photo
12.07.17



There was silence as I was being wheeled to the OR for my emergency c-section delivery. We were only looking at each other, my husband and I, because there really was no need for words. It was my first time to be operated on, first time to get anesthesia, first ever hospitalization. Despite all the scary things, I was calm and steady knowing that I'd brave through anything as long as it'd be the safest for my baby.

From being taken to the OR, hearing our baby cry and holding her for the first time, feeding her, changing her nappies, burping her at 3am to just staring at Kaya with this look of disbelief as if asking, we did this? We made her? How is that possible?? I understood what never being alone really means. Beyond the physical presence, it's the assurance that someone else is looking out for you all of the time. That when I reach out a hand, there is always someone out there ready to meet mine. 

Post-op; Manas all over!!

We survived one week of being new parents! #team4hoursofsleep
Daddy
Our first Christmas 




The 1st year of our marriage- living independently, my pregnancy journey, welcoming our baby and caring for her day-old fragile being- has proven one thing:

I have a partner in this crazy, beautiful life. In Filipino, katuwang sa buhay. Ang sarap. What a gift. 

There is not much nostalgia as this year ends because I feel like a chapter ended weeks earlier as we started a new journey: that of being parents. There is fear, there is uncertainty. But there is also so, so much love. 


Looking forward to what's in store for our little family this coming 2018. 

Wishing you love and light! 
From The Mojicas... plus one.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]