Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: Bits and (scattered, messy) pieces

How does one sum up a year?

My 2013 had been a beautifully scattered piece of mess. The first couple of months I spent like a headless chicken. But later on, I gradually gained rhythm, then momentum and, overall, was able to create a handful of experiences out of 365 days that I would happily bring with me to the coming year. But before I finally wrap this baby up, I’m sharing with you how, more or less, my 2013 was like- in an equally cluttered way as it was. Just throwing everything out there!

New job. New challenge. New family.


Boracay is always a good idea. 

“Leadership is not a rank, it’s a decision.” 

"The greatest of follies is to sacrifice health for any other happiness."




10 years. There are no words for this.

There are blessings that would land on your lap without you even asking. Thank the Universe twice over.


“Social media is noise. You don’t actually care about 90% of the people on your friends list. You don’t. They don’t even cross your mind. And the handful who do make an effort to see you and have conversations with you are face-to-face with anyway.”



Never let the kid me down. Cheers to 2 and 5!


Commit to fitness. It’s not being superficial. It’s loving your body which is what allows you to hop on planes, swim in the ocean, explore new places and take part in all the good things in the world.

Be compassionate. Have mercy. It’s not intelligence that this world lacks, it’s mercy.

Give your best time to the most important people in your life.

GIVE.




Take breaks. Realizing that the people who rely on you can function without your presence doesn’t make you less important. On the contrary, it frees you. It liberates you from unnecessary worries and pressures that you carry on a daily basis.




You haven't travelled enough if you've never experienced a cancelled flight. 

Blaming someone and coordinating with someone are two very different things, but the only defining factor is timing. When that person still has enough time in his hands to work things out, that’s coordination. Otherwise, you’re just playing the blame game and nothing good ever comes out of that.


If you want me to consider your opinion, you have to say it to my face.


Smile. Work hard. Be kind.


ABUNDANCE MENTALITY.



"Growing pains hurt, duh."


1.Bravery and joy.
2. Fail forward.
3. Make mistakes.
4. Love your enemies.
5. Love everyone.


The only thing you can control is yourself. 
Pick love over hate, joy over envy. 
Choose the good things. 
Feel wisely.



I will forever be grateful that my life has been blessed 
with a soul as gentle as yours. You are my best friend. 
And although I do not tell you as often as I should, 
I want you to know you are my happiness. 
Ikaw ang mahal ko sa buhay. Naks!


Thank You, thank You, thank You! *points up*




Scattered and messy, I warned you, didn't I? Now all of that's out there, I'm ready to bid this year farewell. 2013, you've been all sorts of..ummm.. just all sorts really! From career to family to love to friendship to adventures, you have showered me with blessings in every aspect there is.

And as I welcome another year, I'll surely spend a couple of hours doodling on my fresh planner about the things I should do and places I must see but mostly, rules as to how I should live my life. Rules that I'll definitely break along the way. But I trust that the Big Boss upstairs will continuously guide me and remind me that, really, the only rule there is, is love.

Cheers to 2013!
And the warmest welcome to an unknowable, infinitely beautiful 2014.
Love and light!




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]