Saturday, February 9, 2013

Yoga Love: Savasana


Savasana is music to my ears. After 45 minutes of moving in and out of different poses, pushing limits in back bends and holding the twisted chair pose for one more long breath, there is nothing more rewarding than lying restlessly, eyes closed, letting go of everything. Actually, even without the practice, just considering the day’s stress and anxiety, 5 minutes of peace and quiet helps a lot.

However, the overthinking part of me feels frustrated whenever I catch myself “not being present in the moment” during Savasana. Instead of keeping my mind blank, I often daydream, or worse, WORRY. During last week’s gentle flow class, Jill, our teacher, gave a reminder before we rest in Savasana. She said:

Meditation requires practice. Don’t beat yourself up if thoughts still come up whenever you try to concentrate. Just don’t participate in them.


“Don’t participate”, what a wonderful technique.


The next time I find myself in Savasana, I’ll just watch the thoughts fly by.


Works on the mat, works in life.
Namaste. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]