Saturday, February 23, 2013

Yoga Love: Reignite

*written on Feb. 20*

I haven’t been on the mat for a month until this morning (hides face in both palms in shame). I couldn’t say Bliss Yoga’s relocation and my new job got in the way. As a matter of fact, there’s a yoga studio 4 buildings away from my new office. I’ve been meaning to check it out, I swear. I’ve gone as far as visiting the studio and it sure is pretty: a well-lit penthouse with a zen vibe. Definitely more inviting that Bliss Yoga’s old basement location. But even after being smitten by how the place looks like, I kept on putting off attending my free class. I just didn’t feel like going.

“And since when did you ever NOT feel like doing yoga, especially when it’s FREE?”, screamed my judgmental brain.

At that point, I accepted defeat. Not in my practice, but in trying to steer clear from my home studio.

Last night, I visited Bliss Yoga’s new location in Legaspi. The moment I opened the door, the receptionists greeted me warmly. They showed me the new studio, which looks a whole lot better than the old one (but the old one will forever be special in  my heart!), more spacious and with a comfy lounge where people can wait (hello, boyfriend!). Despite the new interiors, the familiar faces instantly made me feel at home.

This morning, at 7AM, I came down my mat. I was shaking in a lot of poses; my legs were too relaxed when I practiced my headstand before savasana. But I was happy to be back. The teacher was new to me but her class felt right. The flow felt right. I remember writing months ago about “falling in love at first vinyasa”. I think that’s it. There are different types of yoga and I’ve done a few, but nothing hits the spot like vinyasa does- like vinyasa at Bliss does, to be more precise.



This is better than pancakes for breakfast.


Today, I start reigniting my practice.
Namaste. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]