Thursday, January 31, 2013

See you later!

I was never a victim of the first job dilemma. Even before passing the board exam, I knew I was headed to an audit firm. Three and a half years later, I sincerely feel grateful for my baseless, all gut feel decision to work in SGV.

It is too difficult to wrap everything up. Attempting to do so will just result into contradictions. There are good things, bad things and terrible things, even. But from where I stand right now, I embrace the good things, the bad things do not seem THAT bad, while what used to be "terrible" now seems "amusing".

My stay in SGV both feels like it all happened too fast and it's been forever. I matured professionally, that's for sure. But it was also more of a personal journey, figuring out what sustains you, sticking to what you prioritize and, the best part, crossing paths with amazing people.

ACE cluster  FAMILY as of January 10, 2013 

When I was reflecting on my decision to resign, I consciously did NOT consider the people I work with. Had I not done such, God knows I would never leave the firm. My clustermates aren't just officemates, they're like family to me. And hearing the kindest words they have for me during my despedida broke my heart into pieces. They made saying goodbye so difficult.

Tomorrow, I will be facing a new challenge. I remember being anxious during my first day in SGV. I'll still feel nervous tomorrow, for sure, but somehow I wouldn't be clueless. I have my first job to thank for that. :)

Farewell, SGV! Thank you for teaching me early on in life that happiness doesn't come with "easy" or "stress-free". There is happiness when there is meaning. (Thank you rin sa napakaraming tipid tips and wais na misis moves I had no choice but learn because of my "modest" salary.)

As for my clusterloves, see you later! Sabi nga ni Michael Jackson sa 'Rock with You', "YOU KNOW THAT LOVE SURVIVES". Cheers to growing separately, yet never growing apart! :))

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]