Saturday, December 8, 2012

Yoga Love: Humility

When today's yoga teacher instructed the class to transition to Warrior III, I told myself, 'I got this'. I was confident I'd be able to nail the pose; I actually did.

Surprisingly, she had a different challenge in mind. From Warrior III, her next instructions led us straight to TREE pose and then to EAGLE pose- WITHOUT landing the suspended foot! My entire body was shaking by the time we were allowed to release our balance and fold forward!



Yoga is humbling. It's not because there are things you cannot do, but because there are always things you cannot do JUST YET. You have to push further, give more- ALWAYS- because you know you are still far from what your body is truly capable of.

In the same way that we can never figure everything out in this life, right?

Works on the mat, works in life.
Namaste. :)





Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]