Sunday, November 4, 2012

Yoga love: On greed

aparigraha-sthairye janma-kathamta-sambodhah 

When one becomes selfless and ceases to take more than one needs, one obtains knowledge of why one was born.

I was looking forward to a power class last Saturday but it turned out there was a switching of schedules and found myself in a jivamukti class, instead. The theme for the month is Aparigraha, which means non-possessiveness. Simply put, it is a practice of living simply so that others may simply live.

I only wanted to be back on my mat and practice, but I got so much more than physical strength from that class. Some days you get what you need without asking for it.

I pray that I may be strong and kind enough to strip away the inessentials.

Works on the mat, works in life. :)



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]