Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kitchen Kilig

I've been on some kitchen adventures lately. For the record, I am not one of those people who find cooking therapeutic. I'm not really "in love" with the kitchen. What started this is my desire to KNOW what I eat. I want to stop living off food made up of preservatives and God-knows-what. 

Fortunately, even for a newbie like me, my kitchen efforts are paying off! Here are a few of my recent lunch "baon"s:


1. Salad in a jar

The easiest thing in the world to do. Salad is known to be healthy, but not anymore when it's dressed in Mayo and other heavy dressing. The first thing I learned to do was my version of a balsamic vinaigrette. Easy breezy! Chop, pour, shake- that's it!


2. Tuna and tomatoes on whole wheat pasta

This is an EVOO based pasta. The original recipe only had tomatoes and basil, but it was too plain for my taste. I made adjustments and added spicy tuna. 


3. Tofu and mushroom burger

This one I'm really proud of. I made those patties from scratch! I lasted having this as my baon for an entire week! Perfect with sweet chili sauce. :)


4. Tamarind-glazed chicken

I was bored on a Sunday morning, so I picked the easiest chicken recipe I could find and tried it. This dish tasted like sweet  & sour, but more on the sour side (hello, tamarind nga!). The recipe required bell peppers and cashew nuts, too. But this was a trial so I didn't follow all the ingredients. I'll definitely cook this again.


5. Chicken pesto on vegeroni pasta

Last week's baon! I even prepared this for last Sunday's breakfast and it was a hit! :)


Obviously, I cook mostly for my sake. I'm still not that comfortable cooking for other people, since I am no expert on this yet. But, baby steps, right? From someone who had absolutely zero kitchen knowledge 2 months ago, I believe I've gone a long way. Kitchen kiliiiiiiiiiig. :))))))


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]