Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My heart is a spoiled brat

In Sarah Meier's words, 'My hear is a spoiled brat.' This precious thing beating inside my chest is flawless, perfectly in shape. No plastic strips holding the shattered pieces together because it was never smashed into pieces in the first place. I never had my heart broken. I had my fair share of unhappy times and desperate moments but I don't think I ever ached enough to earn the right to call myself heart-broken.

My heart is a spoiled brat and this made me the kind of person who wakes up happy, sings in the shower, gets giddy with the smallest suprises and laughs at the lamest jokes. Growing up means being the same person amidst the NOs that life will throw my way.

My heart is a spoiled brat and this helped me embrace positivity. But the truth is, it's easy believing that there's a light at the end of the tunnel when you've felt the warmth of that light every single time you had to go through one. Being an optimist is about faith, not expectation.

My heart is a spoiled brat, but I'm starting to learn that growing up comes with growing pains. That's just the way it is. My days of always getting what I want will soon be over and I have to be strong enough, not just to accept it, but to be happy despite it. Besides, what's the use of going through this long journey if you get to have everything you want all at once?

In exchange of a spoiled heart, I pray for a heart that is strong enough to endure pain and discomfort. I pray for a heart that bleeds but doesn't give up. Most of all, I pray that I may have a heart with enough strength for all the people I love.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]