Thursday, June 7, 2012

Side Stories part 3: Words of Wisdom



Minh, our tour guide during the Cu Chi Tour


When a man who survived a war that killed nearly 3 million people tells you that you must enjoy your youth, that you don't need too much in life to be happy, and that through everything, you should smile, YOU BELIEVE HIM. (Cu Chi Tunnel | war tour | 05.20.12)



I uploaded this photo with the same caption in my Facebook account the very day I got back from Vietnam. His words still resound in my head as I look at his picture. I tried writing more but I don't think I'll ever find the right words to share exactly what he taught us that day. Perhaps I will never even understand every bit of the wisdom he imparted, since I have a life that is not in any way similar to his during wartime. I have no more words. 

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]