Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Person

You are my person. No need to indicate your name as my emergency contact in any valid ID. You’ll be rushing to wherever I am, whenever I need you to. I’m sure of that.

You deal with my tantrums- reasonable or not. You know when I am genuinely fussing over “something” or I am just projecting frustrations caused by a different issue. I don’t know which red flags you see to detect the difference, but you know exactly how to deal with me.

You let me win in most cases. And when I say most, I mean the everyday things that we could have argued about had you not given way. You have a very short list of things you cannot compromise. Other than those, you are happy to let me get away with what I want.

You make me laugh- a lot. We share the same humor and it is not exactly easy to find an equally dorky person who laughs at lame jokes. I am grateful for the simple fact that we can laugh to the point of crying over the silliest things at public places. Sometimes, I forget we are in a quiet coffee shop that I give out a high-pitched laugh and you end up covering my mouth in the most charming way. 

You receive total honesty from me. I am usually a guarded person. But never when it comes to you. You deserve nothing less than genuineness. I can swiftly smile through the worst day, until I get to be with you. That’s the only time I breakdown.

You make the thought of getting old not dreadful, at all. In fact, it makes me feel giddy. Whenever we see old couples holding hands in malls, you only need to squeeze my hand a little tighter to let me know we are thinking of the same thing: growing old together. It feels safer knowing I'm with someone who's equally excited about all things we have yet to unfold.

You are my person. You see me beyond the coating. You are my tag team partner through everything. We never compete, except in that game we play when we try to out-love each other. Like how F. Wizner put it, "Love is if I am happy, and you are happy, we can share. But if you are not happyyou can share nothing". That is our kind of love.

And even though you probably won’t get the TV series reference of having ‘a person’, I still want to tell you that you are mine, as completely and as absolutely, as I am yours.

I love you. 
Btw, we first held hands 9 years ago today. 
Remember?
Our hands intertwined is still one of my favorite things in the world.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]