Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sugarcoat Sunday no. 6

Same time last week, I was in Ho Chi Minh, doing some last-minute shopping and dropping by Trung Nguyen (no. 1 coffee shop) before finally heading to the airport. Well, not exactly "same time", since Vietnam is behind by an hour. 

Tonight is different on so many levels.

Surprisingly, I do not feel like being too clingy and wishing Sunday night would last forever. I am not looking forward to workday tomorrow because I'm in love with what I do, though. I just regained being passionate about why I do it.

Let these pictures do the talking:


Pantai Sanur
Pantai Dreamland
Pantai Lovina


Those are from 3, just 3, of the many, many wonderful beaches in Bali! You are my next goal! Ahhhh, I want to see you!



So what's the point?

The point is, my job doesn't pay much, makes me work too much and drains all the energy out of my system, yes.  But on good days, my boss is very lenient in allowing us to exhaust vacation leaves. I get to take a couple of week-long breaks during the year to do what I love: traveling.

Money is an important factor. I need resources to book plane tickets, pay for accommodations and all the expenses that go with traveling. But sometimes, when we're too caught up in accumulating money, we forget that we also let one important factor slip out of our hands: TIME.


Right now, I am taking advantage of being in a situation where I sort of have a balance. Just enough money, with enough time. I am not saying I can see myself staying in this place for long. But while I am here, I will face my responsibilities and savor the perks.



Bring it on, Monday! :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]