Sunday, May 13, 2012

I wish...


...but since I couldn't, exhausting my vacation leaves and travel funds to take short trips to anywhere will do for now. 3 years ago I promised myself I'll be seeing more of this world, making use of my own resources and well-earned independence. One more sleep and I'll be hopping on a plane again to a foreign land. Trips, for me, have never been about rest and relaxation. I leave to wander, to learn, to grow and to look for new ways to hurt myself, oh I meant 'adventures'. Ha!

Tomorrow will be my 14th plane ride, since I started on my installment plans of seeing the world (which includes discovering every inch of our beautiful country, too, of course). It's going to be too difficult to focus on my Monday workload, for sure, with excited cells raging in my bloodstream! (Sorry, boss:)))) )

I can't pin-point exactly what it is about discovering new places that makes me spend hard-earned money without feeling even a little pain in the gut, considering how 'kuripot' I can be. What I know is I have always felt a sense of belongingness in places I know nobody, except for the few people I hopped off the plane with. Traveling makes me know more, most especially about myself. It makes me more aware that I'm just a tiny speck in this vast universe, that there are places more beautiful than what my imagination can come up with, that there are stories, too many stories to appreciate and learn from, that you can never really tell you know this world like the back of your hand because this lifetime isn't enough for that; I can only learn as much, and I'll do that.

In a word, traveling makes me aware.


And I believe that this Universe rewards people who recognize its beauty.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]