Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I love you everday


I’ve been keeping all these thoughts in my head the entire time we were in Sagada. I need to write this down before I get to sharing unforgettable memories made in that paradise.

This one’s for you, love. 

I fell in love with you, AGAIN, even before we got to witness the magnificence of the Banaue rice terraces, even before you made sure I was making the right steps and hanging on to the right rocks during that very dangerous spelunking, before you insisted on giving up your jacket because my hands were freezing while we walked back to our hotel at midnight, even before you dived into the falls to save my slippers the time I lost a pair and when you washed it clean after I stepped heavily into mud. I felt overwhelmed with love even before we were experiencing new things, discovering a new culture, laughing at unfortunate circumstances. I fell in love with you again way before I got to witness how good you were with my friends that they even wanted to drag you along in our next trip- in 2 weeks.

I fell in love with you when we were just there, trying to sit comfortably in a limited space, bearing the 9-hour travel to get to our first stop before hopping on to another 4-hour drive. I fell in love with you while you generously offered your shoulder and insisted I lean on you so I can get enough rest, caring more about my comfort than worrying about your arms never having circulation again. I fell more in love with you while I was fake- sleeping and you showered me with forehead kisses. Amidst the comfortable silence we shared, I fell in love with you. Again.

I fall in love with you everyday, in the most mundane moments, and I’ll never get tired of it.



Falling in love in highschool IS rare. I still get some weird, envious looks from people when I tell them I’ve been with the same guy for 8 years. But this feeling? This love? THIS ISN’T RARE; I refuse to believe so. We need to save ourselves from the tragedy of seeing beauty only in rarity. More so, we should never settle. We need to believe that there is true love out there and the only way to find it is never settling for the similar or the almost.

It is love or nothing.

And this, with absolute certainty, is love.


Sometimes I feel scared that I might be loving my idea of you because you are much more than what I feel I deserve. Seeing how you are with other people, especially with people important to me, validates that you aren’t too good to be true. I’m just one helluva lucky girl.

 Ily. :))

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]