Sunday, April 22, 2012

Life Lottery

I am a very lucky girl. This does not apply to raffles, lotto and gambling, unfortunately. Although, I won three years in a row in our firm’s Christmas party raffle, so you can say I’m pretty lucky in those stuff, too

I am lucky. By that I mean, in life’s most crucial lotteries, I got the winning tickets right in the palm of my hands.

Unbelievably loving parents: check!
Amazing sets of friends: check!
An extremely patient, understanding, secure, not to mention too much of a spoiler, boyfriend: check!

All of the above words sound sugarcoated. Life couldn’t be that perfect, yes. There are also days I forget how fortunate I am to have been blessed with these people, especially when life hits me hard. But during the ups and, most importantly, the ordinary days, I can look at my life from an outsider’s point of view and feel genuinely grateful for every single IMPORTANT character in my life story. I emphasized ‘important’ because I’ve also met a handful of mean, conceited people but never fully allowed them in.

Currently, I am buried deep under a tower of adult decisions I have to make. Hours are spent on useless worrying, instead of being carefree. I don’t have a clue about how certain things will unravel for me this year and I’m the biggest scardey-cat when it comes to uncertainty. I am in a state you can call anything but steady. But despite life’s mysteries I am yet to solve, I’m sure about something:

I am with the very people I’m meant to face this unexplainable, sometimes funny, sometimes cruel, borderline sunny/rainy adventure we call life.

I can’t thank the heavens enough for bringing every soul into my journey. Thank you, lucky stars!

And thank You, of course. 

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]