Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sugarcoat Sunday no. 1

I hate Sunday nights.

After sundown, when the weekend dusts settle, we are forced to face the harsh reality that it is going to be Monday soon. If you are like me, I don’t just dread waking up early. I dread going to work altogether. But that is another story that should be told another time (or that is a part of my story I intend to change in time).

Every Sunday night, I find myself searching for inspiration to get me through the upcoming week. It’s not exactly a relaxing search. More often, it feels like cramming for a test. But since I’ve been pretty much successful in my inspiration search, I thought of sharing it here.

For my very first Sugarcoat Sunday entry, let me share with you Sarah Kay’s spoken word poetry on TED:

Sarah Kay on TED



In case you are too busy to watch the entire 20-minute video, here are snippets of her amazing words I find the most inspiring:


And this was how Sarah Kay ended her Hiroshima spoken word poem she presented on TED:

 I don't know if I can change the world yet, because I don't know that much about it -- and I don't know that much about reincarnation either, but if you make me laugh hard enough, sometimes I forget what century I'm in. 

This isn't my first time here. This isn't my last time here. These aren't the last words I'll share. 

But just in case, I'm trying my hardest to get it right this time around.


I watched the video more than a couple of times last night, trying to soak in those words that are too beautiful, until I finally felt tiny thunders in my heart sparking up excitement for the coming week. I hope you've felt that by now, too.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]