Friday, November 11, 2011

Pickung up a treasure...

..from my trash-filled recycle bin.

I don’t remember why I ended up deleting this piece. But right now, this sums up what I really want to write about. So, I’m resurrecting these words from the (digital) grave. :))

In the beginning of every relationship, we are generally inclined to possess an overwhelming feeling that this is all you have ever wanted and all you will ever want. You spend afternoons filled with deep sighs of gratitude while looking at the same direction. If this love is meant to last, that feeling never goes away. But at some point, it ceases to overwhelm you. Contentment transforms into its permanent state: an undercurrent source of happiness. Love grows, matures. You realize that love doesn’t bind you; it inspires you- to dream big, to do more, to reach your best version.

When I said “I love you” to the very first guy who captured my heart, I had that sense already. Thanks to my parents who always remind me that it is never selfish to do what you love. Years later, with a long list of accomplishments and a longer list of things to accomplish, I couldn’t thank the heavens enough for blessing me with a man who never considered trapping me inside his little world as a way for security, who never included individual dreams in our compromise list, who looks at me with confidence that is sincere but never commanding. I was blessed with a man who does his own thing, while I go around my way, experiencing new things, figuring out what I truly want, and patiently holds on to that certainty that he is a part of all of it- the biggest part, as a matter of fact.

My dad once told me that I should love a man that believes in me and because he believes in me, lets me shine. I guess I hit the bull’s eye with my very first throw.

To whoever thought of putting recycyle bins in computers, thank you for being a genius.
And to the man who inspired these words, thank you for touching my heart.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]