Thursday, November 3, 2011

Our kind of Saturdate

Because I was kind of pissed off about work and I didn’t want anything to remind me of it for the entire weekend, Makati was off limits for our Saturdate. Greenbelt and Rockwell taken out of the options, I was almost sure we will go to the Fort. Until the boyfriend suggested why not we visit, or should I say “re-visit”, Taft.




So off to Taft we went.




First stop: Flaming wings


I never knew this place existed when I was in College. It was behind Army Navy so not really visible from the main road. I think it opened around the time I was already reviewing for the board exams. During those gruelling 6 months, I only knew 4 places: Dorm room, Review school, Starbucks Taft and.. Jollibee! Jollibee was across Starbucks so when it hits dinner time, I ask manong Starbucks guard to watch over my table. I leave my review materials and head out for a really quick bite. Then, back to my review again. Ok. I’m getting sidetracked. Let’s go back to Flaming wings and their yummy......


Buffalo wings, what elese!




I was brave enough to try the spiciest dressing while the boyfriend opted for the normal flavored chicken tenders. Tenders! Where's the fun in having tenders???









Aside from the delicious wings, people visit this food haus because of a dessert called wicked oreos.





Second (and last) stop: Cafe Noriter


I wanted to re-visit more places but I really, really want to check out Cafe Noriter. I’ve read so many reviews about this place and I was dying to visit it and experience its unique feel.


The moment I entered the door, I knew we’ll be stuck there the entire afternoon.



Noriter means playground in Korean. That explains the sand box-ish corners, art materials and creative decors scattered all over the place.







Some places, those that have a certain“character”, usually bring out an uptight vibe. Like you have to catch up with the “feel” of the place. Cafe Noriter is different. It is a right mix of cozy and interesting. Perfect for long, lazy afternoons.



Lovely lazy date. :))


Work reached a different level of cruelty the past week. Unreasonable limits were set and rules were being imposed out of nowhere. I was beyond frustrated. I badly needed a breather. But this day turned out to be much, much better than just a way of getting over office drama.


It was a great Saturday, indeed.



With my let’s-talk-about-it-(and not talk about it) partner.


You truly know how to untangle the mess in my brain without having to use words. Apir!


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]