Monday, August 1, 2011

The things you do for love

Remember this?





My Valentine's gift for the boyfriend


That was the result of 16 straight hours of labor. It may not appear like I put that much effort in it based on the final product, but believe me, it wasn’t easy! Following intricate instructions in mixing colors, religiously sticking to the number labels (because this is a “paint by numbers” thing), although I cheated on a few tricky parts (sorry!), trying to paint within those tiny flower petals weren’t a joke. It sucked out all the patience in my veins. The box was labeled “for kids 8 yrs old and above”, so I didn’t want to give up being a 22 yr old lola. I pushed myself to paint every bare inch of that huge cardboard and succeeded after so many hours. Fine, it wasn’t the “ego” thing that motivated me; it was all L-O-V-E.

These past days I have been putting so much effort into another project (or projects) intended to make a little boy happy. You see, he has been doing so many of the grandest and smallest things for me and these are just my mediocre ways (compared to his) of giving him back that kind of happiness, too. :)

Anyway, enough of this writing. There’s a surprise I have to cook up. Wish me luck!


Comments:
awww soulmate.. :)) in fairness, love squeezes the creative juices out of us.. haha :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]