Saturday, August 20, 2011

Good morning, Love!

(a.k.a. Celebrating our 8th year)



8 o'clock of the night before our anniversary, I received a message from an officemate asking a favor: She needed help in our tax computation due the next day. If I were willing to help, I should be in the office by 7am. I understood the urgency of the text, so I assured her I'll be there.



Come 7:30am the following day, I was rushing to get to the office, since I was already late by half an hour. Blame the Monday traffic. I skipped my coffee routine, walked double time and struggled in carrying my ripped paper bag.



And then I saw this:






A bouquet of flowers carried by the sweetest boyfriend.




There is something about morning surprises that makes me feel extra-kilig. Starting the day right, as they say.






Using work to make me come to office earlier was his sureshot idea to invite me to a breakfast date. (He knows me well. = Alam nya martyr ako.)

Lookie! I asked the boyfriend to give me any book. Even a book I had read before. I just wanted to find out what he would pick. Surprisingly, he picked this! A children's book about the simplest and truest definitions of love. It was the sweetest thing! Deserving of a separate entry, definitely.



To formally celebrate our anniversary, we had dinner at Apartment 1B. I diligently researched for a not-so-far from the office restaurant, aside from those in Greenbelt and Ayala Triangle. A few clicks lead me to a review that raved about Apartment 1B. I decided to rely on it and the restaurant did not disappoint!

Their vegetable samosas were the perfect appetizer! Boyfriend and I munched on them happily. Definitely ordering this again on our next visit.


We ordered pastas (bolognese and carbonara) and roast chicken. Ordinary food, yes, but with extra-ordinary taste! I am no food critic but I know when I am happy with what's in my plate. And I must say, our tum-tums were rejoicing that night!




White Toblerone Cheesecake! Another must-try!







My accordion letter composed of 9 letters inside. (The things you do for love)





Remember the ripped paper bag I mentioned I was carrying? THAT was the paper bag. It was full of staple wires when I gave it to him. He made fun of it, of course, and said it was So ME. haha!






I have nothing else to write. I am one happy little ninja.



8 years and you still make my heart do cartwheels. :)))))

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]