Sunday, July 17, 2011

Project Stepford Wife: Baby steps!

I made a deal with the boyfriend weeks ago: I'll learn how to cook. That simple. But for someone who has never, like EVER, fried an egg her whole life, it was everything but simple!


Anyway, since, you know, when you love someone you are kind of under a spell that enables you to go the extra mile for that person... TADAH! My first ever "not-so-yummy-but-at-least-surely-edible" creations!



Fried lumpiang shanghai and (re-heated) lasagna. Baby steps!

Happy tummy = Happy boyfie


We heard the afternoon mass today, and instead of the usual Yellow Cab dinner after, I insisted that we have dinner at home. I dutifully re-heated some pre-cooked (by someone else) lasagna and made lumpiang shanghai. Well, actually, I only "FRIED" it since yaya made them (beef filling, etc) the night before. Hey, don't judge! I have zero kitchen skills so the fact that I did not burn the house down was an accomplishment! :)


While "fyring" the lumpiang shanghai, I turned the stove knob thingy the wrong way and ended up turning it off. I panicked! Good thing, boyfriend was around to save my poor old half-cooked lumpiang shanghais and turned the stove back on! Whew!


I must say I had totally, finally crossed the line between watching cooking shows and doing some actual cooking. Plus, the boyfriend's satisfied look made it all worth it.


Until my next kitchen adventure!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]