Monday, April 18, 2011

Be careful what you wish for…

Fine. Go ahead. Finish it with that irritating Pussy Cat Dolls rhythm in your head.

Not too long ago I prayed for uncertainties, for risk-taking worthy opportunities. To an extent, I pleaded for instability, for a year of rising and falling. The past year had been too good to me I wanted a rough ride for a change.

Merely 3 months into 2011, and dear heavens, did I get what I wanted.

In 90 days…

I lost an officemate boyfriend (boyfriend title still safe).

I took the first step towards my secret mission.

I re-learned syllogism, number sequence analogy and abstract reasoning all because of the same secret mission.

I booked 3 trips, every single one out of promo fare pressure.

I witnessed how the boyfriend managed to build a business of his own from nothing.

I shoved up a middle finger to the busy season and filed a week-long leave, took off to Davao and fell in love with Pearl Farm.

I put everything on the line only to find out I had no one to bet on against because we were all on the same side, after all.

I watched in vain how the boyfriend pulled himself together and remained strong through his mom’s operation and recovery.

I decided to quit my job seven times and decided against the idea twice as often as I thought about it.

I bid farewell to my three angels.

And I’ve been holding my aching tummy whenever the fickle brother raises the subject of marriage out of excessive laughter and lack of air.

2011, I’m not taking my plea back. I’ve matured more in the past 3 months than I did in all of 2010. What I ask now is more patience and strength and a deeper faith in happy endings. Those virtues I don’t ever want to lose.

Nine more months are left to unfold. I, for one, can’t wait.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]