Thursday, March 10, 2011

A series of unfortunate events

Today seems like an eternity of one bad news after another. And I am not ranting about shallow inconveniences such as managing to spill Nai Cha all over my white top, finding out my running shoes and gym clothes went missing and dealing with someone who doesn’t possess people management skills, because ALL of those happened yesterday. Today is stitched by misfortunes of the grandest scale, all of which are happening to that one person I would gladly carry any cross for. And it sucks.

It sucks that I am here in the office and not with him. It sucks that I can’t hold his hand through the rest of this day. It sucks that I would have to put on a brave face when all I want is 5 minutes to let all the anxiety out before I lift my head up again. It sucks that I am the one more terrified, more worried, more restless and he’s just steady, calm as ever, blazing through this cursed day in his attempt to make everything better.

I am doing my best to act cool, calm and collected- offering help to lighten up the burden without being too pushy. I know this day will end on a better note. Until then, I will keep all the concerns to myself. Tomorrow I will tell him how cold my hands were while I worried about him, how I can’t even silence my own brain, how I was not able to function the entire day and basically how this firm paid me for doing nothing. Tomorrow we will laugh about all of this.

Today, I’ll just pray.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]