Saturday, February 26, 2011

There will always be that one girl

Take any Friday night. Pick a comfortable spot; restaurant or maybe a coffee shop. Then, put girls in the picture. Regardless of interest and profession, mind you, the conversation will inevitably lead into boys/boyfriends. And, boyfriend talk will, and I’m willing to bet on this, always, always lead into that one girl.


That girl who, in whatever way, intentionally or unintentionally, messed up a phase in your relationship. That girl who is the clingy “bestfriend”. That girl who is incapable of perceiving that red line between friend and girlfriend. That girl who doesn’t even lift a finger in stealing your man but you just know it in your heart that she secretly longs to be with him. That girl who, in a parallel universe, could have been the one in the arms of your man. And I can go on and on rationalizing about this ill feeling but the truth is, take all the reasons out, there will always be that one girl who personifies the word “threat” in your relationship.


I am one of the fortunate girls whose relationship was never bothered by third parties. But even so, I am not an exception to the unwritten rule of having “That one girl” whose name my boyfriend isn’t even allowed to utter. I have been bothered by her, or at least the idea of her, for the longest time I willingly admit it’s no longer healthy. Her status updates affect my mood, her daring pictures make me hate my body, her flirtatious ways make me want to strap my boyfriend in a chair even though he doesn’t even look. In all fairness to the boyfriend, he doesn’t give the slightest care about this girl and he laughs at the fact that I get jealous and insecure of a girl he doesn’t even find attractive.


This year, despite my lack of belief in the possibility of New Year’s Resolutions being successful, I promised myself I would let go of the idea of her being better slash more attractive slash more interesting slash more deserving than myself. I started shaky, riding on the loop of checking out everything that’s happening with her what with all the social networks that make it possible. But after the constant effort and constant reassurance form the boyfriend, I actually, finally, successfully removed her from my system. I have too much to think about to continuously carry her ghost in my life.


So, the first milestone of my 2011 is getting over you. Yes, you.


Comments:
Been that girl. Been that girlfriend. haha! Still cant understand the existence of such a girl XD
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]