Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Let me tell you why you shouldn't resign

I know this would probably no longer count, since you have submitted your resignation letter already. But hear me out!

1. No one will do your signature “she’s taken” hand on my shoulder move when a guy comes too close. And that comes pretty handy especially during the recruitment season. Who will drop the boyfriend bomb for me now?

2. Last time I checked, there is not a single branch of Travel Café, Mr. Rockefeller and Toastbox around that area. You’ll be stuck with Café Breton for comfort food. You don’t want that.

3. It will be too painful, to the point of being almost tormenting, to see your name there, in my list of ST contacts and not be able to reach you with a chatbox. And deleting you is not an option!

4. You have no one to bug you in the morning about having an early lunch break only to ditch you because of loads of unexpected work that came later on. Ok, this is not exactly a positive thing but you have got to miss that, right?

5. You have to live without your action movie urges on an office night. You have no gf only 5 floors away to ambush with late movie invites and no favorite movie house around the corner, too. Poor you.

6. Banana Republic, Celio, Kenneth Cole and Springfield will no longer be your neighbors. No more instant retail therapy for you!

7. Being in love with you is one thing. Walking 3 blocks and back just to buy you Nai Cha is an entirely different level of devotion! No one will do that for you, you crazy milk tea addict!

8. Our petty tiffs will surely be extended, what with all the craziness distance can bring into a relationship. You will be too busy and I will be too stubborn. And there’s no 20-minute Ayala Ave. walkathon we can take anytime just too calm ourselves down, anymore.

9. On the days you are too exhausted, too burned out and lacking sleep for too many days, there will be no more “If you don’t leave the bed, we won’t get to see each other” text to comfort you and give you the energy to face another working day.

I can go on and on, lengthening this list in a desperate attempt to change your mind for the benefit of your selfish girlfriend, but I won’t. Because I don’t want to. Nagpapacute lang ako sayo. :)

Now the serious part…

Despite and in spite of all the uncertainties, I never said “think about it” or “are you sure about this?” and other discouraging phrases. Because, even though all these were floating on top of my brain, the moment you told me your plans, I felt that certainty in your voice only people who have figured out what they truly wanted can sound like. Deep inside, past layers and layers of sentiments, self-centered reasons and fears, mostly about missing you to death, I am happy for you. I am happy you have found what you can truly be passionate about. And I can’t be any more proud that you possess the courage to pursue it. Certainly, adjusting to not having you around will be bloody difficult, but we are in this relationship not just for the lovey dovey part. Above everything, we are here to help each other become the best version of ourselves.

So scratch all of the above stated reasons because they do not matter. I promise you I’ll drop the boyfriend bomb myself when some lame guy dares take a step too close. I promise to always be on the look-out for Greenbelt sales and be very willing to buy a couple of pieces for you when you aren’t available to check them out yourself. I promise to, once in a while, reserve tickets for testosterone-filled movies that suit your taste, despite the palpitation I get from deafening gun shots. Emphasis on once in a while. I promise to make time for unplanned dinner dates even during the busiest busy season and never let sleep deprivation be an excuse to not spend time with you. And we’ll find new favorite places to eat, new favorite spots to share a cup of coffee, new favorite reading nook and all that.


I promise to remain your comfort and your partner, through ups and downs and ordinary days. And I promise to remain faithful, not just as a girlfriend, but as a believer of everything you can become.


There.
I love you.
Make all those ‘eventualities’ happen.
And best of luck.


Comments:
<3 :D I'm a girl but I'm touched. Hahaha! :) Where's Keng gonna work now? :)
 
Self-employed daw siya. haha! He's planning to put up some businesses with friends. Super demanding job namin so he had to quit. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]