Sunday, January 16, 2011

Press PLAY

3 hours. A Venti drink. And a book that is just too lovely.

Here, meet:
So, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist has been a really pleasant surprise. I would want to try writing a review on it but this is all I got:

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist is written by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. It is intended mainly for young adults. In 180 pages, it told a story, a pretty amazing story, of boy meets girl. You should read it because I have read a tall heap of books in my life and I have never found one that used the words Fuck/Fucking/Dick/Shit for like 10,000 times and still managed to sound beautifully romantic, until this one.

So go, find a copy of this infinite playlist and press play.

"Some things you don't need to hear in order to hear. The mind has an ear of its own and sometimes memory is the fiercest fucking DJ alive."
— Rachel Cohn

"Singing in the rain. I'm singing in the rain. And it's such a fucking glorious feeling. An unexpected downpour and I am just giving myself into it. Because what the fuck else can you do? Run for cover? Shriek and curse? No--when the rain falls you just let it fall and you grin like a madman and you dance with it because if you can make yourself happy in the rain, then you're doing pretty alright in life."

- David Levithan

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]