Friday, November 19, 2010

Girlfriends

The idea of having ‘girlfriends’ is relatively new to me. Majority of my closest friends are guys, which is why I am usually dubbed as one of the boys. But that is another story for another blogpost. For this one, I will write about 3 of the most amazing girls I’m blessed to be friends with and how they made me feel beyond special on my birthday.


Despite our busy lives, we stretched our tight schedule, by stretching I meant escape from the boss and pray to God we still have jobs the next day, just to fit in a quiet (figuratively) dinner and do some overdue catching up. It was a little bit more special than usual, since it was my post-birthday celebration.


Mingming and I


Kat and Margot


In the middle of dinner, a waiter showed up with this gigantic cake and colorful lighted candles, all geared up to sing the birthday song with the rest of the crew. My face froze in a terrified expression. I did assume it was for me and I was horrified! That would have been the most embarrassing experience EVER. Good thing, my girls knew me well enough not to do something like that. It turned out to be for some other customer. Instead, I received a pop-up balloon (the shake- then- pop with all the confetti thing that I definitely loved!) and a cute, yummy, coffee/chocolate cake from Starbucks. Plus, the adorable bedroom slippers and framed pictures that say so much about us. Purrrfect!


A virtual greeting from my girls and their gift! Awwww.


That dinner felt comfortable, relaxed, unforced. There was even a moment I totally lost track of what we were chuckling about, gawked at the scene in front of me, and thought, I’m with the girls who I’ll run to during mommy troubles or for secret recipes or in times I would want to kill my husband. Surely, there is a long way ahead from here to that. But if we managed to keep in touch despite the busiest busy season, squeezing a dinner or some coffee time in between our separate lives would be effortless.


Magic Girls :)


That night was my birthday dinner. In years, it could be a bridal shower or another graduation, then a wedding, a baptism, and so on. Celebrations may change, orders may be shuffled but we will definitely, definitely be constant in all of each other’s highs and lows, offering nothing less than a hundred percent support, with a pocketful of flawless assassination tricks in case the lows are brought about by some bitch trying to ruin one of our marriages. *wink*


This is so US. Taken two years ago.


Cellulite or no cellulite, muffin tops or tummy tucks, wrinkles or face lifts, we will stick with each other until we grow old and menopausal. Besides, that’s what girlfriends are for.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]