Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Worst Day

There is a Sarah Geronimo poster plastered in my office window. Some days I can take having it within my peripheral vision. Some days it doesn’t distract me. Some days I don’t get this weird feeling of wanting to rip it off and throw it away without a trace of guilt for the officemate who owns it. But today is not one of those. Today I just want to grab Sarah Geronimo by her perfect hair and put her to the trash where she belongs. The picture, I mean.

Across my laptop I can see a post-it with the words “You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures” written on it. I remember carefully picking blue for the color of the post-it and using a green-inked pen . I remember being optimistic and hopeful while writing those words and I remember having the same feeling of overflowing possibility everytime I glance upon it. But not today. Right now, I just want to move my laptop and completely block it from my view, that stupid little thing.

On top of my cluttered desk is a rose drawing by my boyfriend. I don't have plans of ripping it and throwing it away but I can't help but cringe as I look at it. And I'm pretty sure that's not how my boyfriend wanted me to feel when he made it.

Today is not my best day. Today feels a lot like showing up at work without knowing my evil brother shaved my eyebrows in my sleep. Although, I can't say I’m not myself becaue I am irresponsible, unfocused and useless today and I’m not completely sure if I’m not any of those in any given better day.

Please make this day go by faster.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]