Saturday, August 28, 2010

Scrapbook 101

Okay, so I am in no way an expert on this, as you would later see based on the pictures. But this afternoon, with the boyfriend, I had my very first attempt to create a real (meaning, not merely photo album style) scrapbook and I must say I'm kind of into it already. :)

For our very first scrapbook assignment, we decided upon our Hong Kong escapades as our project. Look at how we worked our way into the final product!

Step 1: Deciding on the message, layout and pictures to use


First step was already a big challenge since we had gazillions of pictures to choose from. Our 1st page will be about our arrival, so we picked mostly airport snapshots. The biggest photo above is one of our favorites!

Step 2: Gathering up boarders, cut-outs and souvenirs

Good thing we didn't buy so much stuff. Turned out, mtr maps, random pamphlets and train tickets were enough already. Using those souvenirs even gave the page a more authentic Hong Kong feel.

Step 3: Do the Work!


This is where the hard part kicks in! So much about planning and designing, but if you can't put all of that into paper, it's useless. Luckily, I have an artist for a boyfriend. So no sweat! haha!

Step 4: Make it more interesting... :)

Out of blue, we just thought of putting a compass for an interesting effect. Since we can't find any picture of it in magazines, we decided to do one by ourselves. Here's how:

This cardboard cut-out serves as the actual frame of the compass. The pin in the middle, i don't know what it's called, is similar to the one we use in making paper clocks in elementary.

The arrow plus cut-out letter from magazines.


It looked like a gradeschooler's project! haha!

Step 5: FOCUS!

We started at 3:30pm. It was almost 6pm and we were nowhere near done! It was mostly my fault, though. I was distracted by the DLSU-FEU game (where we end up winning, by the way. Animo!) and this guy's hotness. tee-hee

Simon Atkins playing a cut above the rest despite a cut in the eye.

Several minutes, a couple of double sided tapes at my hair ends and 2 pairs of sticky hands later....


VOILA!!!


First page finally done!


Here's an interesting detail. This compass is a lock for a secret page.


Move the arrow and then....


TANAN!!! See? Now it's just Keng and I in the page... :))
The words written on the left side were from one of my blog entires.


Worth all the sweat!! No more lazy Saturday afternoons for us. It's now Scrapbook Saturday, all the way! :))

Comments:
Love the secret effect! hahaha scrapbooks are fun! I've had a scrapbook since gradeschool. Havent made my college and travel ones coz I'm too busy :(
 
im a late bloomer! haha the flip is the boyfriend's idea... he's so much more creative! :D
 
Oops. My boyfriend! Haha! ;p
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]