Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Undercurrent of Happiness

Based on my time report, I worked 60 hours last week. Based on my conscience and utterly haggard disposition, I probably worked for more than 80, considering Monday was supposedly a holiday. Today is Tuesday, err, Wednesday. Time check: it’s already 1:55am, so yeah, it’s Wednesday.

Needless to say, I’m being stretched beyond comfort. I barely have 4 hours of sleep everyday and I hate that; because less sleep meant less patience and lower tolerance level for me. I am always on the edge, pressured, stressed and there are lesser things I can accomplish compared to my usual rate. As I’ve mentioned, I, again, welcomed the transition from one day to the next wide awake. Although, unlike the past instances, this time I was with the boyfriend, catching the last full show.

He's my daily dose of strength

And just like that- 2 hour movie date, favorite popcorn and quality time with him- I feel like I can work for another 80 hours this week again. :)

Work may suck bigtime, clients may be ultimate bitches and bosses may be, well, bosses. But at the end of every waking day, I can lay my head on my favorite pillow, at 6am, sometimes even 7am, and say I am happy, without having to convince myself. Because before I close my eyes and doze off to dreamland, he is the final thought lingering in my exhausted brain. He warms my heart, fulfills my soul and provides me that undercurrent of happiness no crap in this world can ever counter.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]