Monday, May 24, 2010

Three Sacred Letters

Today is certainly going to be someone’s best or worst day. The CPA board exam results will be out in a few hours and I just can’t imagine how the hopefuls are doing right now.

A year ago, I was in the same uncertain ground. I don’t know exactly how to explain the feeling. It is a perfect mix of excitement and dread. It was if you were standing in center stage, facing the rest of the world with your hands frozen at chest-level, waiting for fate’s cue whether to lift them up in utter joy or burry your face in fatal disappointment. I was sleeping over a friend’s unit the night before the results came out. We decided to stay together, keep each other strong and basically, share the torture. My dad called and asked how I was doing. I said I was fine, terribly nervous, but fine. He just said, savor the feeling. It only happens once.

Looking back, the distinction and the three sacred letters attached in my name do not really mean so much. Nor the oohhhs and ahhhhs you get from people who found out you passed the board exams, take one. It is the confirmation that you can fulfill whatever you firmly set your heart into that made that day one of the best and happiest.

Along with my parents and the boyfriend, there were three other girls who played major parts on helping me get there: my Magic Girls.

Celebrating 'Magic Girls' (2009)

(Magic Girls because we were consistent members of CPAR’s Magic 100 during review. *clap clap*)


From FX rides to 15-hours Starbucks sessions, daily Jollibee dinners and Dencio’s last supper, anxiety attacks and good times. We’ve been together through it all. I can’t count how many times I asked them if I could make it and how many times I said you can make it when someone else asked. I look back and remember discussions on law interpretations and tax implications. We gladly gave time and solved problems for another, shared tips and encouraging words. Our eyes were firmly attached to a concrete goal, and it was not just to pass the CPA board exams, but to pass TOGETHER.


Fast forward to the present, here we are, relishing the fruits or our hard work… by doing more hard work! (hehe)

CPAnniversary celebration

Cheers to the friendship and the bright future ahead! Cheers to the steadiness!


Comments:
Nkakatuwa yung pictures! Ikaw na yung may pinaka-malaking mata. HAHAHAHA!
 
i know! pure Chinese sila lahat. ako ay hamak na intsik-beho lamang. hahahaha
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]