Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Our Little Bundle of Joy

I have been waiting for you for months now, so seeing you for the first time last night was definitely epic. I bent over your blue and red play pen to have a closer view of your face. I glanced at your tiny little fingers, your tiny pursed lips, your tiny eyelids - you were basically that: tiny. You were the sign of absolute serenity. You looked so fragile, as if the smallest movement on earth can break you. And at that point, before I straightened up and unlocked my eyes off you, I realized why they say it is impossible not to love you.


Meet Ron Xander Casama-Peralta

I know writing a letter for a 7-day old baby is somewhat silly and your mom is probably laughing so hard there are tears at the corner of her eyes right now. True, you might never be able to read this. But that is beside the point. I am writing this more for myself than for you, sweetie. This is the first time I will admit to the world how proud I am to be your godmother. But with that pride comes a terrible amount of anxiety and stress. I can work my way around an income tax return with my eyes closed and not a single drop of sweat. But parenting? I seriously have no idea. All I know is that I will be there for you the same way your mom and I have always been there for each other. We have this special bond, together with the rest of our friends, which basically got us through almost our entire lifetime. We’ve been friends since forever and you are officially the first member of the second generation of our friendship. And even though I would love to see the cutest little “us” bond over coloring books and action figures, my contribution would definitely not happen in years.


As you might have overheard while your mom and I were chatting away, we are so scared, even this early, about the kind of son you will be. Considering how some kids turn out nowadays, you can’t really blame us. For now, you are sound asleep most of the time and your worst fit is when you get hungry at night. But we all know time flies fast. When you get older, you’ll be consumed with different, more serious things. You will have other issues to deal with and you might sometimes lose sight of the path you should take. On those days, I will give you one of those talks. I will remind you how much your parents love you and how much they sacrifice just so you can have what’s best for you. Of course, you will accuse me of taking your mother’s side, which is inevitable, I suppose. But at the end of the day, you will understand because you are a good kid. I know because I know your parents will make sure of that. And as your godmother, I will, too.



Don’t grow up too fast, okay? Stay as cute and as small as you are. Ninang loves you.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]