Thursday, April 29, 2010

Office Chitchats

So we are now past the so- called BUSY SEASON.

We have more time to do non-work related stuff and make-up for missed social events. We are free to say “Thank God it’s Friday” because we actually have non-work weekends. Believe it ir not, we even have time to be bored at work. And boredom usually results to “chismisan”, “durugan”, non-stop “tawanan” and all those shallow conversations.

Although last night was different.

I don’t know if it has something to do with the movies we’ve watched or books we’ve read or we’re just plain bored to death because suddenly, we found ourselves talking about love, first love, puppy love, true love- all of it. We all had our share of views and contradicting opinions. Some were obviously speaking based on experience; others were sharing theories yet to be tested. But when it’s about love, it’s always exciting and profound and dynamic. And everyone has a say.

Out of the blue, someone asked if we believed in destiny and the often overrated idea of a soulmate, the fact that there is one person out there meant for you. And if there is, how do you know if you already found him/her. As usual, we had some rounds of agreements and disagreements. We are an interesting mix of skeptics and hopeless romantics. One side defends their beliefs as strong as the other. But every point results in just tummy-aching laughter.

The conversation died a natural death. We all retreated back to surfing and chatting at a certain point. On my way home, I was replaying the conversation we had in my mind. I was enthusiastic sharing my views, feeling I had a certain authority since I have found true love already. I was specifically very opinionated when we discussed destiny and soulmate and first love. Well, I kind of regretted the fact. That certain officemate who brought up the topic obviously was fishing for notions because she is on a situation that calls for it. In simpler terms, I think she is almost falling in love. On that context, I think I should have stayed mum on my own beliefs and just said:

Whatever your notions on love, soulmates, destiny and things of those sort, you have to keep them and cling to them and never let other people’s opinions affect them. Because how you believe love should be is how you deserve to have it.

I know I did.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]