Sunday, April 25, 2010

Switching places: I'm "mommy", for now

For a year now, or maybe a little more than that, we haven’t seen or actually talked with each other. There are occasional FB messages and status comments to keep in touch but nothing more than that. Last Saturday, I saw you- accidentally. You were your old perky self. Or to be more correct, you were your old perky but troubled self

I know you are going through some complicated things right now. And I know it pains you to bring pain to people that are dear to you. I don’t know the whole situation yet, given that we only had roughly 10 minutes to catch-up. But I do know, with absolute certainty, that you never meant to hurt and bring them disappointment. You are vulnerable like that, you know?

Some people may find you selfish. But if only they would look closer, they’ll know you are everything but selfish. You always try to make everyone happy and pleased, in your own twisted way. Sometimes, your choices are misunderstood by people around you. But you know how I have always seen you? You are that person who follows her heart-regardless. You are sometimes clouded with fears but you never let them get the best of you. You surpass everything because you know exactly what you want and what makes you happy.

The last birthday we spent together.
I miss spending birthdays with you.
You are one of the few people I truly admire. You are always up there, soaring, because you never let other people’s definition of success affect yours. And as your friend, I really pray that whatever life brings you, you will remain as the sweet girl who does anything to get her way, because, unlike others, you know very well your own way to happiness.
*I love you and I'll always be here for
you, mommy.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]