Saturday, March 6, 2010

It was like I died and went to heaven

Occasion after occasion, my boyfriend never fails to shower me with gifts that would melt any girl’s heart. Whether it is something terribly expensive that I would shrink in shame even just upon seeing the paper bag, thinking I don’t deserve it, or just anything extremely sentimental that took much effort to be found, he always, always hit the bull’s eye. It’s as if he knows what I’ve been secretly wishing for all this years.

The recent Valentine’s Day was a perfect example.

In lieu of the normal classy box holding a precious gift inside, he treated me to an unforgettable experience. His present was a shopping spree- book shopping spree, to be exact- in one of my ultimate happy places, Fullybooked. You can just imagine the smile on my face that day; from ear to ear, flashing my so highschool braces. Had it been a shopping spree for shoes, clothes, bags or any other material thing, I would have felt uncomfortable. I never allowed him to buy stuff for me during our shopping dates, though he practically offers, even insists at times. But books; it was as if there’s an unwritten rule stating that acquiring books is not considered worldly. I didn’t feel embarrassed upon accepting it. Completely opposite to how I felt whenever he proposes on paying for other things, I felt excited, giddy like a schoolgirl.

The Nerdiest Couple in Town

We spent the entire afternoon going over the four-story bookstore, rack by rack, as if trying to find the most precious jewel in treasureland. I picked book after book, reading the synopsis, even though most of the time the deciding factors are the author and the title, it didn’t matter; I just read as much synopsis as I can.

Do you have those moments when you felt completely nothing but pure bliss? No anxiety and weariness, not even fulfillment. Just pure and untainted happiness you get from doing something you love, plus having the chance to experience it with your favorite person is the ultimate bonus. *sigh* It was like I died and went to heaven.

I was a certified bookwork. Well, I still am, but work kind of gets in the way all the time. That afternoon, he allowed me to indulge in my ultimate fetish and I love him for it, along with gazillion other things.

It was a fairytale, minus the prince, because that day he was my fairy godmother, err, fairy godboyfriend?. = )


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]