Sunday, March 14, 2010

Do you remember what fearless felt like?

It was a Thank- God- its- Friday morning. I got to my client’s office way earlier than their actual employees show up at work and I found myself asking that question. Of course it didn’t come out of nowhere. It was provoked by an almost sleepless night due to mulling over taking on another challenge, career-wise.


Fearless- majority will associate the word to something dangerous, something done out of impulse, something that takes a few seconds but will stick to you for a lifetime; almost perfectly fitting to what I am deciding on right now, only in a deeper sense of dangerous, deeper than being childishly impulsive and something that will take longer, much longer than a few seconds, but will surely be attached (literally) to my name for a lifetime.


Yesterday, a friend happened to discuss her plans of pursuing it. And after a shuttle ride home, I am now in her shoes, deciding on whether it will be worth it and whether, oh God here I go again, I am actually capable of doing it.


Truth be told, I am not interested just because of the title or the rewards I will reap after gaining that title. For the most part, I am really, truly thirsty for a new challenge and I believe merely waiting for a year until I am qualified to take the MBA is not the grandest plan for a bright near-future.


Do I still remember what fearless felt like? When was the last time I actually took a risk and turned my back on several insecurities that have been weighing me down since God knows when? Honestly, I do remember that day, very precisely. But the roller-coaster of emotions? No, I don’t think so.


But I want to. I think I deserve to. Because way past the indescribable feeling is fulfillment that goes over and above what a certificate can ever echo. So maybe, I’ll muster enough confidence and allow myself one more whoop in the roller-coaster of life. And I’ll remember what fearless felt like. Oh, and I will love what fearless feels like.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]