Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cut the Crap

Okay, so I’m a nerd.

I’ve been an honor student my entire life. Some awards I worked hard for. Some I charged to luck. But all those years, and the years to some, I sincerely believe school is important.

Just a few hours ago, I was peeking at random Facebook statuses and profiles when a certain fan page caught my attention. It said: GRADES ARE NOT IMPORTANT. THEY DON’T SAY WHO YOU ARE.

I, myself, have uttered those shameless lines a number of times, but I certainly believe they are often taken out of context.

Grades are just numbers are exclusive for people who give their best and tried their hardest, yet ending up getting a failing or not-so-high grade. Those who deliberately skip class, party all night and never lift a finger to actually scan books and lecture notes do not have the smallest amount of right to say grades are just numbers. Because, sorry to burst the bubble, for people like that, grades actually tell who they are.

I hate giving out excuses. I hate people validating their mistakes by twisting the original meaning of a qualified theory and making it sound cool. Grades are just numbers. I don’t know who first said that, but I am pretty sure he didn’t mean school isn’t important; learning not essential. Honestly, I think he meant you know in yourself if you’ve learned and gave your best in doing your part, and no bitch of a Prof can change that.

Comments:
Dear, I want to agree with whoever said that grades are not really important. When you're looking for a job, daig ng may connections and matalino, that's what I believe lang :D
 
i believe grades are important in a way that they reflect one's attitude and determination. connections might help you land on a job, but it's the attitude that will help you keep it.... =)

and dear, you're one person who put too much effort in learning and giving your best. and all those are important and will help you get to places. =)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]