Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The day GMA decided to run for Congress was the day my writer’s block got demolished

It is beyond shameless.

I don’t know what else to call it, but it’s definitely beyond shameless. This is one rare circumstance my vocabulary fails me. I’m usually a shotgun, firing out words I am almost not aware I knew all along, especially whenever I’m so fired up. And I am right now. Weirdly, there is no word to substantiate the disgust settling in my taste buds.

It requires nothing but simple logic. Even grade-schoolers can follow the line of thought: if you’ve been RED 1, there’s no way you would want to be Green 3. What you allow to happen is let time pass, grow up a little and let go of the whole Bioman thing. That’s the flow of nature. However, in a twisted kind of way, some people are born to disrupt the order, waving the sword of greed and shield of terror. Then, in a more twisted, utterly unfortunate kind of way, one of them ended up as our President.

And now she wants to be the Prime Minister.

I don’t know what’s running in GMA’s mind right now. I can imagine her sharp eyes, rolling as she delivers the loudest evil laugh. She is the picture of wickedness, crooked nose and all, less the dark, baggy eyes. All because she can sleep so soundly at night. She doesn’t have anything to worry about. She has all the money, the power, and the influence to get more money and power. She is untouchable. She doesn’t care if people spit at the sight of her, if people draw tails and devil forks in her pictures, if people imagine the worst kind of death for her. Worse, she doesn’t care if people die in hunger, if people lose homes and loved ones in calamities, if people lose lives in ruthless killing to demonstrate the kind of power she worships.

Political analysts say it was a decision she didn’t think about. I beg to disagree. It was a well-thought decision. The problem is, GMA actually has a damn self-possessed brain without a nerve of conscience. What do you expect from a mind like that? Even if you send her in the most isolated convent for a retreat, there won’t ever be any good fruit from a corrupted soul. She’ll just use the time to orchestrate other grand plans on how she’ll send our dear country to hell.

I feel strongly about this because it is relevant to me, now more than ever. In my existence, I have witnessed one president to be ousted and another I badly wanted to be ousted, but wasn’t, all because we have an incompetent Vice-president who doesn’t understand one thing about his ultimate responsibility.

Time and again, the usual cry during elections is CHANGE. On the surface, it may seem like good news, having people rally behind a good cause, of people no longer being indifferent, of people saying it’s enough. But if you break the coating, you get the ugly truth: ever since God knows when, not a single President was able to actually cater to the needs and expectations of the people. We rank leaders not based on how much they lifted our nation, but on how small the damages created were. Hence, the term lesser evil.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This coming elections will be my very first time to have a say on whoever will be most powerful in this country. The next elected president will lead us for a long six years. By that time, I’m what? 27? 28? The usual cry is for us to consider the next generation while filling up that sacred ballot. Come to think of it. Whoever wins as president is granted power to shape and paint the kind of country my children will be born into. So I’ll definitely think about it long and hard. I’ll vote for and with the reasons.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I unearthed this piece of writing somewhere in my absolutely disorganized desktop. Oh well, too much for politics and my rarely seen serious side. Back to, umm, work?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]