Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Daddy's Girl

It’s exactly 1: 15 on my watch. Oh, I forgot to attach the operative letters.

It’s exactly 1:15 AM on my watch. There you go. And I’m still in the office, waiting for my ride home. I am on the verge of ranting on how much I hate staying this late for work, how much I want to quit at this point, how much I feel sorry for missing out on a lot of social events in my calendar, but I’ll save them all for later. Right now, I just want to tell my dad, “I love you, too”.

But since I would have to wait until he gets here, let me divert all the gratitude towards this entry.

Ever since God knows when, I’ve been really, really dependent on my dad. And although I tell people how hard it is for him to let me go, I think it is as hard for me to let him go, too. He’s been my number one protector, my driver-slash-shopping buddy-slash-yaya-slash-nurse-slash-everything that you can associate with a person who takes care of you. There was never a point I felt alone and helpless because I know he’s just a phone call away. Seriously, you can drop me anywhere in this planet and, for sure, my dad would come to my rescue. Well, that may be too vague for an illustration so I’ll just say he is on call anytime, 24/7, ready to pick me up from work without any complaints, just because.

Just because he doesn’t want his baby girl going home alone late at night or too early in the morning.

Just because the entire time I wasn’t home, he was awake waiting for me so why not drive to wherever I am and pick me up.

Just because he would rather stay up late and drive for an hour than to let the boyfriend do that for me. *wink*

Just because.. just because he’s my dad.

I may have found true love really early, but I didn’t let that be an invisible wall between me and my dad. He was still the one who drove me to prom, the one I watched Princess Diaries with, the one I would fall in line for hours just to get UAAP tickets for, and a lot more.

I may have grown-up already, graduated then worked and all, but still, I let him be a father to me because I know that it’s his favorite job in the world.

And there's no way I would take that away from him. Not soon, not ever.

Comments:
awww. buti ka pa, very close to your dad. kami ng tatay ko hindi e. i mean, tama lang pero not to the extent na katulad ng iyo. and my dad's not the showy and expressive type e.
 
my dad's more expressive than my mom. as in ngtetext pa ng i love you everyday.. sometimes i recheck if it's keng or him. hehe. it's not too late pa naman. it's totally different when you have a tight bond with your dad. =)
 
I guess i love my father as much i love my husband...Your post made me so nostalgic.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]