Sunday, January 24, 2010

BLUE is my new RED

Truth be told, I've been really, really overworked since the start of the year. Barely a month passed but it honestly felt like a quarter already. So, like any girl, I went out of my busy schedule to hunt some tried and tested pick-uppers to uplift my exhausted spirit.

Normally, I would have gone to Powerbooks or Fullybooked to buy a heart-warming book. I love the smell of freshly scanned pages and the feel of unscratched book spines. But since I have three piles of unread books at home, I opted to get the second best cure.

Charles and Keith is my current addiction when it comes to shoes. I've purchased, umm, let's just say, 5 paper bags are still lurking somewhere near my shoe rack. I need to find extra space for my pairs. It is either that or I must stop buying. Any girl knows which to pick.

Going back, I am a big fan of Charles and Keith. Their regal look fits my taste. I love that they have 5-inch heeled stilettos that don't look like stripper shoes. Their style is sophisticated yet edgy, fun without being loud and girly but not trying too hard. Again, fits my taste to a T.

In my latest trip to that heaven (for the much needed retail therapy), a pair of red shoes caught my eyes. They were not the usual kind I would go for because of the almost -not- there heels and oversized bow. But despite those details, I felt like trying them on.

My intial reaction was it's too attention-getting and the shade of red wasn't really complementing my color. But the style. It was too regal, too sophisticated, too Imelda Marcos just to give up on. So I tried them in another hue. It was the Ateneo shade of Blue. I was hesitant, but ended up convincing myself to try so as to avoid having regrets later.

I slipped a foot in. Ooohh! It's love at second sight.




The picture doesn't give justice to the pair. You have to actually see it, feel its velvet touch and for sure, you'll give out that deep sigh of contentment and breathe a new level of enthusiasm for life. haha!

I know, I know, the joy these things give is short-lived. But life is often rude and there are days when you definitely need something to save you. I do not live for shoes and other material things, but they sure help me in getting over a really, really bad day and eventually, bring me closer to the real, better and bigger things I truly run after.

Comments:
Dear! I love blue shoes! VNC naman ako ngayon haha. Nasira na yung Charles & Keith ko
 
poor shoes... hehehe

some of my flats are from VNC, pero stilettos and wegdes, pati daily office shoes, all from Charles! hehe

next to-do ko eh make-up shopping.. i have to learn that art soon!
 
Oh dear!! these shoes are amazing:)
 
I LOOOOVE THE SHOOOOES! :) Since we're shoe-talking here, yesterday, i checked out some shoes in VNC kasi sale. Sukat-sukat galore. Hanggang sukat lang. Wala akong pera e! HAHAHAHA! OMG.
 
@anamika Sureka: thanks for dropping by my blog! =)
 
@jana: when you're earning dollars already, the shoe-shopping wont stop! haha
 
yeah, poor shoes. Everyday sapatos ko kasi yun dati, haha. Ayan, nasira tuloy. When I get a new job, I'll buy shoes again! haha. :)

Oh, make up shopping is cool!!! :D I like it.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]