Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Best Version

It’s been six months since.


Had it been any other year than 2009, I would have utilized those 6 months finishing two College terms, reading lots of heart-warming books, meeting with friends in coffee shops and shopping havens, going out on unlimited dates with the boyfriend and bugging my parents at home on weekends. But since 2009 is the year I entered the professional world, everything turned upside down.

Work gives an entirely new meaning to pressure, not to mention taking it on a stellar level. I have never been more pressured in my life, and I say that with all due respect to Accountancy and the board exams. In school and tests, carelessness and tardiness equal to a failing grade. But not at work ,where one mistake and one bad day can result to a 25% penalty on top of a client’s millions of income. Sometimes, the responsibility is overwhelming, and the pressure, let’s not even go to that.

But up to this very day, even if I mentioned about and wished for, no, begged for, a resignation way too many times I lost count already, I’m still here. I still wake up to mornings I would have to drag myself out of the bed, but realize the moment I step in the office and be greeted my warm clustermates that I made the right choice of putting on my work gear and do what gives me fulfillment and purpose. Although, I must be honest enough to admit that there are days I just can’t take it anymore: going home at 6am and having to go back by 10am, unending follow-ups from different managers for different clients, monthly taxes to work on and live with, the list goes on and on. But during those days I can’t carry on with my own two feet, this one person never fails to carry me thru the storm. Until I’m ready to stand up and face the world again.


Making me happy, he does so effortlessly

He gives me strength. I know it sounds like a line from a song, but it’s true and he does it effortlessly. His acts are not grand; they are small, genuine gestures of love. Like, telling me I’m beautiful, even though I had no sleep; buying me my favorite tea just to make my day a little better, walking me to ministop, while we’re embraced by early morning sunshine, listening to my endless rants and babble and doing every little that makes any girl feel the luckiest.


It's easy when the world fits in your arms.

We are not the perfect couple and we don’t live the perfect lives, like people who pretend to have the grandest life by doing what they love. We love what we do. We love who we have become. But everyday is not easy. Sometimes work stress and tremendous pressure transform us into someone we are not. We become impulsive and childish, often ending up hurting one another. We can always choose to give up and just pick an easier job; something that can make our “happy ever after" easier. Imagine having more hours for each other, less pointless fights out of sheer frustration and a higher pay check, but we are not the type to quit. Long ago, we vowed not to compromise our selfish ambitions for an “easier” scenario. We don’t want to end up being regretful adults. For other people, we are nothing more than victims of slavery and workaholic genes. But it’s not about that. We want to test our limits- while we’re young and free to commit mistakes. We want to realize our full potential because partnership is about that. It’s not merely holding hands and making out, or romantic dates and beautifully taken pictures, although all those things are good, too. It’s not just the blissful feeling of having someone to celebrate with and call your own. Over and above anything, love should be the vessel that brings you to the best version of yourself.


From confused teeners to awesome CPAs. Together.


We embrace each other’s flaws and weaknesses, and everyday, in between the holding hands, sweet kissing and laughing out loud, we struggle in search of our best selves
. All out of love.

With a love like this, you can only guess.




Comments:
hay nakuuu, sana pag nagka-relationship na ako, yung for real na talaga, sana katulad nung inyo. more or less. sana naman he is worth my wait... :)
 
if he's the right one, he'll be worth it..=) dadating din yun!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]