Monday, August 24, 2009

The Return of the STAR (scholar)

Surprised- that’s my reaction when I received an invitation for lunch from a Lorenz Delmendo. As in, Lorenz? The guy who I thought was joking when he said he was a star scholar? And for the record, I didn’t believe him until he wore that nerd-written-all-over star scholar jacket of his.

Fast forwarding 4 long years from those days, I’m surprised and flattered he made it a point to meet for lunch despite years of no communication. He left for Canada even before we finished our first year and we haven’t talked since then. Despite that, he hasn’t changed a bit. He still laughs at the same jokes and at the same people, still has that signature cap and loose shirt, and still is in love with same girl. Needless to say, he’s still the same Lorenz I knew way, way back- only like a hundred lbs. heavier!!

At first I was reluctant to accept his offer, imagining how horribly awkward it would be not knowing how to deal with him. But I’m glad I did. The first hi/hello then hug and beso washed all the presumed awkwardness away. He introduced me to Fid (finally, I met her) and we just gabbed the entire hour. There wasn’t enough time to catch up but, at least, it was a start. I vowed to keep my FB updated so we can keep in touch.

Our semi- reunion ended with the usual goodbyes and with me teasing him about his star scholar jacket one last time.
[I really intended to post a recent picture with this entry, but since I’m referring to the guy who used to relentlessly tease me about taking too many pictures, I opted not to bring a cam. Hehe=)]

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]