Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bye, Jet!

It’s 6:35am. I’m in a messy room full of disorganized files and unsealed boxes; laptop bags scattered everywhere. There’s a pair of slippers under the table and packs of noodles by the window. Despite it all, the room is in its cleanest ever since our cluster moved in. We tried our very best to fix the place and finish packing last night, but failed. We moved a few boxes already- all with a heavy heart, of course. We don’t want to leave our little “paradise”. But what can we do? We’re being evicted.

I spent some short couple of weeks here in Jet, but I must say, my stay had been the exact opposite of how I imagined my worklife to be. It’s just plain blissful- from Pusoy Dos sessions to sharing of Korean movies, Plants vs. Zombies marathon to ala choral performance of the most baduy songs. Of course, we also work our lazy butts here. But because of the company and shared laughter, everything feels a ton lighter. No pressure, just fun.

Although now, sadly, I have to go back to reality and finish packing my stuff. I have to disconnect my laptop and set- up outside- in a little round table exposed to the whole world. Goodbye to our ultimate stress-reliever, Pusoy Dos, which, by the way, I only learned when I got here. Goodbye to our sunfloras and tall-nuts that defend our houses from zombies who can dance the moonwalk. I’m so sad that you would never taste our brains again. Goodbye to our “Thursday is English day” gimmick. I will miss hearing “Hey, godfather of my child” and “What’s this, fish sauce?”. Finally, goodbye to our afternoon merienda of pandesal, melted butter and sweet laughter.

Oh well. Goodbye to our raunchy, four-cornered paradise; hello, round tables.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]