Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tired of what?

I’m detached from my world right now. My officemates (wow, I feel such a grown- up) are having a good laugh watching the late comers do their “BOX OF SHAME", while I’m just sitting here, quietly wishing for the clock to work its magic and turn twice as fast. Don’t get me wrong, though. I’m not that bored and unhappy. I’m just hiding all the giddiness inside, because, in a few hours, I’ll be seeing him again. =)

Lately, people throw at me questions like, “di pa ba kayo nagsasawa?, exciting pa din ba?. And the worst, “di ba parang magkapatid na lang kayo?” (like, duh? Hehe)

Seriously, I don’t get why they even wonder about those things. There never was an instance I felt sick of our relationship, of us. Difficult times, there were many. But dull, exhausting days, there were none. It was never humdrum. I mean, how can it be? We shifted from highschoolers to responsible college students. He’s having his review, while I’m starting out as a yuppie. So, in all sense of the word, there’s no place for boredom in our relationship.

I must admit, though. We no longer share the bliss of a new found love; the sparkle of all the firsts. But what we share is something deeper, something steady. We are no longer up there, in cloud nine, thinking that nothing else matters. And yes, that’s a good thing. Many might argue, but trust me on this one: you can’t forever separate your relationship from the rest of the world. There might be instances, especially during the first couple of months, that you want to be selfish and just savor every minute of being together. That’s healthy. But if you continually do that, it won’t work out. Needless to say, I’m not for the “you and me against the world” kind of set up. By “world”, I mean the people who matter to both of you and not just the general public.

I guess, to some extent, that also contributes to our staying this long together- with all the enthusiasm and excitement in place. We never limited our story to what’s just happening with US. And with everything going on, as I’ve said, how in the world will our life be monotonous?

A few more hours, a couple more audit cases, and I’ll finally see him again. Five days of not being together are too long to endure. I badly need a dose of him.=)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]