Friday, December 12, 2008

The Fourth Man

If there is someone who deserves all the applause, all the good words and all the admiration, it would be Sir Tugas, no doubt.

He’s the man behind the success of this year’s team.


He had been there, from day one up until the last minute before we take on the stage.




He had been training us, devoting his time for us.. and even though his being so supportive kind of pressured us, there wasn’t any instance when I heard straight from him that we HAD TO win. He was all about giving our best, doing it for the school and for God’s greater glory.




Even after DLSU was announced as the year’s team category champion, even after holding the precious (and heavy) trophy, even after all the congratulations and the handshakes, it didn’t sink in, until I heard the emcee say, “this is the first time La Salle won as the Grand Champion”. And the sweetest moment was hearing Sir Tugas utter the words, “after years of chasing this, finally..”.
the coach and his winning smile

Of course, there are two other guys I need to mention. I was so intimidated by them, in the beginning, but they made me feel my contributions were essential to the group. There wasn’t any instance, in doing the 8 practice cases and the actual case, that we argued or raised our voices. It proved that we already knew each other- strengths and weaknesses. We complemented each other. And, of course, we enjoyed each other’s company. Well, at least, I’m sure I did.
(pic) making history

It was my first time to join a competition. I exceeded my expectations and I beat the challenge I posted to myself. It could have been beginner’s luck, or something else. But one thing I’m sure about is that Dex, Conrad, Sir and I worked hard for this and there is nothing sweeter than winning when you know you deserve it.

the winningest team

Comments:
Wow! Congrats! You're great. Really good.

Kumusta ka na???

Grabe! Long time no hear! Kwentuhan tayo minsan about IAS. May ico-consult ako sayo. hahaha. Joke! :) Hindi wag na lang pla un, nakakasuka. hehehe
 
johnnel! hope you'll be able to read this... ano na? san na ba kita mahahagilap? hahaha

i was hoping to see you there kaya lng naisip ko next year pa yung turn mo db? hehe

post mo dito number mo ha! happy holidays, dear!
 
You know what exactly I would tell you.

"I told you!":))

Congratulations! Kahit, yes, medyo out of place ako dito. Haha!
 
thanks, pinx!

everything turned out really, really well... it was an early xmas gift.Ü
 
thanks, pinx!

everything turned out really, really well... it was an early xmas gift.Ü
 
hey liana, happy holidays!!!

09226182788. magtext ka ha?! hehe.

naku, liana, wala ako sa top 20 ng batch kaya malabo. hehe.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]