Sunday, September 14, 2008

They come in THREEs

How many times have I mentioned that I made the right decision dropping UP and Ateneo, and taking my slot in DLSU, for the simple reason that being the basketball fanatic that I am, College life wouldn’t be as exciting as it is now, had I made a different turn.

I know, that must have been the pettiest reason to give. But hey, I couldn’t ask anything more for the kind of education I received, and still is receiving, the round the clock neat bathrooms, the state of the art facilities, the fabulous people and the formation the institution had instilled upon me. So being a perennial top notch contender in the UAAP is just a bonus and probably is the best among all the other perks of being a Lasallian.

When I entered College, I actually made some sort of small wishes.

The first on my list is for the Archers to win a UAAP championship within my four years stay in school, which was astoundingly granted last season, after beating the not- for- long undefeated UE warriors.

My second wish- well, this one’s not related to basketball- is to see Bro. Armin in the flesh, wearing jeans and sneakers. I have seen him lots of times in the campus but he’s always wearing his long, white, im- obviously- a- brother uniform. I just wonder how well he would carry “normal” clothes.

As I’ve mentioned, I’m a huge basketball fan, so I’m definitely aware of the intense rivalry between DLSU and ADMU. I actually thought of “wishing” for a La Salle- Ateneo championship, but I dispatched the idea, thinking it was sort of impossible to happen in four years.

However, after a championship loss to FEU, an OTT punishment of suspension, and a fairy tale comeback with a trophy to signify redemption, I could not believe I am actually about to witness a La Salle- Ateneo championship match- in seven days.

I haven’t said this in any La Salla- Ateneo bout, but this championship is an exception:
I don’t care who wins. Really. The match- up is enough treat for an avid fan like me.

Still, you know, I’m not the type who would turn down a blessing.

The heavens haven’t been kind enough to grant me the Bro. Armin’s casual look wish, anyway. But they already showered me with a surprising championship victory and a classic, definitely must- witness La Salle- Ateneo championship match. Somebody just happen to tell me they come in threes. So, perhaps, the third one would be the sweetest championship victory against the Eagles. Who knows?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]