Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hallmark Writer

More than a couple of times, I’ve found myself in between racks of greeting cards, in search for the one which contains the right words. However, lately, I’ve been skipping this whole card hunting thing. I got tired of going through the process of reading and comparing, of weighing which sounds more truthful and appropriate. I figured it would be best to just write my own. Besides, who else could translate into words his/ her emotions than him/herself, right?

Well, just like how Atty. Uribe would say it, it depends.

During my last card hunting trip, I encountered this “light bulb” moment. It wasn’t about something superb and amazing, really. That moment, I just thought I wanted to, and could, be a card writer.

I know not everyone, including probably half of the male population, is comfortable with writing letters. But that doesn’t mean they don’t have anything to say. More often than not, they just don’t know how to say it. So when an occasion strikes, they go to the nearest bookstore and let ready- made cards rescue them.

That is exactly what I want to do: rescue those who are out of words.

I want to be able to write how I feel, about love, friendship, encouragement and even grief. No, I wouldn’t be imagining situations and emotions. I will write from the heart, have those words printed on a beautifully designed card, and send it off hoping it would find its match.

You know how a student’s eyes light up when they figure out the correct answer? That’s the kind of look I’m hoping for when people read my cards; that twinkle in your eyes when you found something that speaks to you, or more like, speaks FOR you

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]