Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Silver-lining Girl No More

I don’t find it hard to be honest. What I find difficult is being brutally honest.

Whenever friends ask for an opinion, they usually get the sweetest words from me. Not that I want to flatter them, but it’s just that I tend to focus on the bright side of things, and I want to remain that way. But these days, it’s tough being that girl.

When we love a person, we try to protect him/ her. That’s easy to deal with.

But when the person we love hurts himself/ herself, what is a friend supposed to do?

I watch you put yourself below the standards.. I watch you doubt yourself for that stupid guy.. I watch you sacrifice your principles, your values, the things that make you who you are, for that loser… I’m sorry.. I was just watching.. but it came to a point I had to speak up.

This is the first time, I believe, that you hear me say “stop it”, or “it’s over” or “just move on”. You usually hear “it’s ok”, “things will work out”, etc. I know hearing them hurts you, but it’s as painful for me saying it to you.

Dear, people go through crap in their lives. You’ve spent 21 (or more) days of your life in deep shit. It’s time to get out of it.

I must have said awful things. But believe me, you need to hear those words.
You know I’ll always be here for you.

I love you.

I miss being the silver- lining girl, but I miss my friend more. So if this is what it takes to turn her to her old, bubbly and confident self, I’m ready to let go of Ms. Sunshine just to have her back.


Comments:
:) was here.
dropped by.
 
thanks for dropping by.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]