Wednesday, June 4, 2008

One Honest Soul

I should be pouring out regretful words due to the loss of my cell phone. But because of the kind heart and honesty of this one person, there’s no need for that now.

Yesterday, I was busy juggling my things from Yuchengco building to the library. I was carrying my 4-inch thick Business Policy book, Lasaret envelop, thesis proposal and planner, and they were all killing my shoulder, so I walked as fast as I could. When I reached the library, I waited in line, snatched a couple of things from my bag, and then deposited the things I wouldn’t need.

When I was already sited in my carrel, I noticed my cell phone wasn’t with me. I just thought perhaps I left it in my bag; no need to panic.

After an hour or so, I claimed my bag and left the library. All the while I thought my phone was with me. Then I felt the urge to check my things. My cell phone was nowhere to be found.

So that was the time to panic.

I didn’t bother asking the depository guy about my phone. They were nice people, no, they couldn’t have gotten the phone from my bag. Besides, I am in no position to judge anyone. I couldn’t even remember if I brought my phone with me there.

The first thing I thought of doing was to ask someone at the Lost and Found office, but I was too nervous, anxious and worried that I had to leave the school for awhile. Rather than facing what’s happening, I decided to walk to Keng’s place. Of course, where else would i go?

When Keng opened the door, he immediately embraced me and said, “The guard has your phone. No need to worry, ok?”.

How in the world did he find out about that?

He later told me that the guard found my cell phone, which I could have dropped while I was climbing the stairs of the library. (My phone has this protective leather case that wouldn’t make a sound even when dropped) The guard made the effort of texting the first person in my inbox to say that the phone is safe in his hands.

It seems like the world is still a safe place to live in.

Well, at least, the part that’s surrounded by green fences and gates is.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]